Academic writing at Post Graduate and Masters level
The aim of this workshop is to make students aware of what is generally expected of critical writing at Level 7, and to understand what is distinctive about it.
By the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- Recognise key differences between academic writing at undergraduate and postgraduate levels in terms of depth, rigour and use of sources.
- Understand the importance of developing your own stance or position in realtion to the literature in your chosen field.
- Identify wayus in which specific effects are achieved in selected extracts, eg. to move an arguement forward, highlight controversies, synthesise sources.
- Recognise the importance of appropriate and fluent language for different functional purposes.
- Wednesday, October 24, 2018
- 1:00pm - 2:30pm
- University of Suffolk Ipswich