Getting started with assignments
Aimed at 1st and 2nd year students (3rd years welcome!)
It is important that students have at their disposal a range of strategies for planning any kind of academic assignment. They should be aware of the kinds of information they need to assemble in order to get started, as well as what the expectations will be in terms of writing and referencing. They need to have an understanding of sources/resources of help available, whether print, digital or human.
The aim of the workshop is to enable students to effectively plan any assignment and to understand why planning is critical to success.
By the end of this session students will:
- LO1 Be familiar with sources of assignment planning support eg libguides, books, ASA’s
- LO2 Understand why it is important to plan thoroughly, as well as how to do it.
- LO3 Be clear about the stages involved in writing an essay.
- LO4 Be aware of different planning styles and layouts for different purposes.
- LO5 Understand the role and importance of the paragraph in planning/getting started
Related LibGuide: Workshop: Getting Started with Assignments by Aaron Burrell
- Saturday, October 27, 2018
- 1:00pm - 2:00pm
- University of Suffolk Ipswich
- Assignment Planning