Referencing effectively: using sources to enhance your assignments [online]
This workshop will take place via a virtual classroom in Brightspace. Once you have registered for the event, you will receive an email with the link closer to the event time. If you would like to view the session materials in advance, you can download them below.
This workshop is applicable to students following any referencing style. While our online resources provide guidance on referencing correctly and appropriately, this workshop focuses on referencing effectively. It introduces different techniques for referring to sources in your work and explores how these can help you demonstrate your knowledge, understanding and critical thinking skills. Opportunities to practise and ask questions will also be included.
By the end of this session you will:
1. Understand the importance of referencing in demonstrating your knowledge, understanding and critical thinking skills.
2. Use quoting, paraphrasing and summarising to incorporate sources effectively into your own writing.
3. Choose words and phrases that demonstrate a critical approach to sources.
Please note: This workshop uses Harvard style examples but is applicable to students following any referencing style.
Related LibGuide: Referencing effectively Workshop by Jack Rundell
- Thursday, October 29, 2020
- 3:30pm - 5:00pm
- Time Zone:
- UK, Ireland, Lisbon Time (change)
- University of Suffolk Ipswich
University of Suffolk